Creative ideas on how to promote Wellness in and around the workplace.
Whether you’re a small company or large corporation, there are always ways to promote a healthier lifestyle.
Below is a list of wellness ideas that are easy to execute.
- CREATE A HEALTHY OFFICE COOKBOOK: Ask employees to share their favorite healthy recipes. Compile them into a collection and share around the office via email or a printed booklet.
- QUARTERLY HEALTHY POTLUCK: Pick a date then create a sign-up sheet and post it to the fridge in the break room for people to list what they are bringing to the potluck.
- STOP OFFERING LOW QUALITY SNACKS: If you offer your employees snacks or meals with no nutritional value, make the switch to healthier alternatives. At the very least offer a majority of healthy items with just a few traditional, not-so-healthy options.
- H2O OR BUST: By creating and distributing company labeled water bottles, you can promote the brand while encouraging H2O consumption all day long!
- ENCOURAGE CORPORATE WALKS: Whether it’s a lunch time stroll or an organized event, promote physical activity amongst your employees.
Poor lifestyle choices, such as smoking, overuse of alcohol, poor diet, lack of physical activity and inadequate relief of chronic stress are key contributors in the development and progression of preventable chronic diseases.
A little guidance can go a long way.