With the COVID-19 pandemic altering life in the United States in significant ways, “social distancing” recommendations – defined by the Center for Disease Control as the act of avoiding large crowds and maintaining a six-foot-plus distance from others – are increasing in prominence. The majority of organized sports have been canceled at all levels while social distancing recommendations have closed most gyms and training centers.
With that said, fitness and lower stress levels through exercise and time outdoors is as important as ever in maintaining overall health levels and a vigorous immune system.
Here are a few ways to stay fit and enjoy the incoming spring weather while maintaining public safety:
- Take a walk, jog, run, bike ride…
- Kick the ball around with the kids
- Search YouTube for free workout programs and tips
- Clear your mind with a little meditation
- Get out and enjoy the fresh air!