National Stress Awareness Month
Stress goes largely unaddressed in the workplace, with employers fearful and unsure how to approach the issue.
According to the American Institute of Stress, 80% of U.S. workers are stressed on the job. The U.S. industry estimated price tag over stress on the job is around $300 billion annually. A result of:
- Employee turnover
- Diminished productivity
- Direct medical, legal, and insurance costs
- Workers’ compensation awards as well as tort and FELA judgments
National Stress Awareness Month provides employers with the opportunity to start the conversation – one that resonates and extends beyond April.
Some helpful tips:
- Set clear goals for your employees
- Encourage mindfulness with your team
- Offer a flexible work environment
- Encourage employees to move their bodies
- Workplace recognition
Cheers to a warm, stress-free April! Click to view Stellar’s April Healthy Living Calendar.