Breast Cancer Awareness Month
About 1 in 8 U.S. women will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime. While there are some breast cancer risk factors that you can’t control, these prevention strategies can help you reduce your risk:
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Exercise regularly.
- Abstain from drinking alcohol or limit intake to one drink per day.
There are a variety of ways that you can support Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Here are just a few ideas:
- Participate in a fundraiser event, like a walk or run, to help raise money for breast cancer research.
- Donate to a charity that provides support and services to women and families that are affected by breast cancer.
- Learn about the signs, symptoms, risk factors and screenings for breast cancer.
- Spread awareness about this disease to help educate friends and family.
For more information on breast cancer, visit the National Cancer Institute’s website.