Tips for Sticking to Your Diet During the Holidays
With so many social gatherings during this time, it can be difficult to avoid treating yourself when you’re offered good food and drinks. Whether you’re dieting or just trying to maintain your healthy lifestyle, fear not—you can survive the holidays and wake up on Jan. 1 without feeling remorse or guilt.
Consider the following tips:
- Eat before attending a party so you don’t arrive on an empty stomach and devour everything in sight.
- Pace yourself when drinking. Alcohol can be dangerous at holiday parties, as overindulgence cannot only cause embarrassment, but also pack on the pounds.
- Eat slowly. It takes your body 20 minutes to realize when it is full.
- Don’t feel pressure to eat leftovers. If you have an abundance of leftovers after hosting a party, don’t feel like you have to eat them just because you don’t want them to go to waste.
- And as always, please don’t drink and drive.
Cheers to a wonderful December!!