May is the national observance of health and fitness in the workplace, a time to promote physical activity and nutrition in the office.
What can you do as an employer?
- Host a “fitness walk” during lunch breaks by creating an indoor walking course at your worksite or around your building with directional signs encouraging the use of stairwells and designated stretching areas.
- Designate a wellness ambassador in your office to spread the wellness message.
- Encourage employees to hand-deliver messages instead of using email or voicemail.
- Offer healthy snacks at your next office meeting.
- Send your employees a weekly wellness bulletin, or include healthy tips in your company’s internal newsletter.
- Endorse fitness related events.